Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fauci Family Takes to the Ice




Last night, Saturday, January 19th, we wanted to do something fun with the entire family. Murphy has been wanting to go skating, forever. Unfortunately, we don't have the open flooded fields like we used to have when we were kids.(Matt, if you read this, can you remember the flooded baseball field we used to go to all of the time?) Anyway, in order to skate around here you have to go to an indoor skating rink. In order to go to an indoor skating rink you have to find one with open skating hours. Believe me, it's not as easy as you might think. Anyway, our community college has a relatively new rink and it was open last night from 815-1015pm. I was anxious to get the kids on skates because I really want them to know how to skate and enjoy it like we used to as kids. I was not anxious to get the skates on myself since it has been probably 20-30 years since I've done any real skating. I am happy to report that I only fell once and that is because I hit a big divot in the ice. Michael fell only a couple of times and the kids fell numerous times but they had a blast. Thor came home and said it was the "best night ever". Suffice it to say, we will be going back. The pictures are of the kids learning to skate. They have these really neat little "walkers/skaters" that help the kids get their balance and get a feel for the ice. Atticus was a natural. He loved it. He actually learned to skate without the assistance of the helper. Trinity loved skating but didn't want to venture too far from the assistance of the helper and Murphy and Thor fell quite a few times but immediately abandoned the helper. They got the hang of it pretty quickly. Michael and I thought we were going to be so sore the next day but so far so good. It really was a fun night and we will be going back soon.


It is freezing here today!!! I now know what my niece Katie has been talking about for days. The deep freeze has finally arrived in the Northeast and it is not pleasant. Not sure how long it's going to last but I guess it could be worse, it could be snowing.


Hope everyone is well. We are all good for now. I would like to ask all of your prayers for Michael's sister Jennifer who is awaiting lab tests on a biopsy from her foot. Dr's suspect skin cancer(melanoma) but we are all remaining optimstic but would appreciate any and all prayers. I will keep you all posted when we hear something.


That's all for now. Sorry I do not update as often as I'd wish. I always promise to do better and never do. I won't make any promises but I do promise to continue posting.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm laughing hysterically, because of the mismatched gloves and the Dora gloves on one of the boys! That looks like our house...trying to find just 2 gloves anywhere!!! I remember our first time of ice skating in Sioux City and we still talk about it to this day! Remember Quinn left her winter coat there and then Tracy lost the video camera, and whenever we lose something to this day, we say it is wrapped up with Quinn's coat and Tracy's camera!

Katie

Meghann Whitmer said...

I remember skating in Sioux City!!!

MoCos said...

I don't remember that at all..you guys did everything fun...

Thaddeus said...

THIS IS AN ADD FOR BIRTH CONTROL