Sorry, folks, I have not been updating my blog. I would like to say that I have been soooo busy that I have not had time. But that would not be the whole truth. Frankly, I haven't had much to say. We really haven't been doing anything exciting...We are just working, kids are going to school and we are all trying to stay cool on the weekends. My picture taking has been a little lax as well. I should say that in recent weeks Mr. Fauci(Salvatore) underwent hip replacement surgery. He is home now and doing well. There is a long road to recovery but he has been told that once he is all healed and rehabilitated, he will feel so much better and walk so much better. This week we did travel south to Scranton to see Dave. Dave Matthews that is. The concert was awesome! Sometimes when Dave does a small venue, dare I say, he is not as enthusiastic as in some of the bigger venues. However, Tuesday night, that was certainly not the case. He was totally into it and gave an absolutely outstanding performance. Check out this link(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Or8iXxqbaU&feature=email) which is a YouTube posting of his final song..."Thank you for letting me be myself(Sly and the Family Stone). He really went crazy and started dancing all over the place which is a first in my book! It was the highlight of the show. He did three encores and this was the final encore. Video is a little shaky but you get the gist. We didn't get home until 1:20am and the next couple of days we were dragging a bit but it was worth it! Thank goodness for our babysitter, Miss Katie who has a job herself and didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning. She really is a Godsend. She will be watching the kids all summer which is once again a tremendous relief for me! Tomorrow is Father's Day, I will try to post some new photos from whatever celebration we do tomorrow. Nothing special is planned. Michael frowns on major productions. We will probably go to his parents' house, as his father is not mobile. Then hopefully we will head to the lake. It is supposed to be beautiful! Hope everyone is well. Again, nothing very exciting is taking place here...that is why the un- updated blog. I will effort to do better!

2 comments:
Thanks for the thoughts! We are fine at our house but our town is right on the mississippi river and we might be stranded here for a few days. All the bridges to IL are closing. The Today show was in Burlington this morning. That is the office Matt is working at today. That is about 40 minutes from Keokuk. We are having sunny weather though so hopefully the water will recede soon! Your family looks adorale and thanks for putting pics of Matt's family. I miss seeing them grow up!
You are slacing in the blog world!! Update:)
Post a Comment