Sunday, December 20, 2009

Making Gingerbread Houses Again!


Atticus-all smiles and full of sugar following the decorating of his
gingerbread house.
His whole class showing off their handiwork.

For the 4th and final kindergarten holiday tradition, I joined Atticus at school to make a Gingerbread house. Actually, I may have missed one of the house making events(Michael may have done one of them) but if it wasn't four it was three...and for Murphy and Thornton I did it twice...once in pre-school and once in kindergarten. You would think I would have mastered the art by now. Actually, all I do is spread the white stuff and let the kids decorate how they want...with a few suggestions of course(I can't help myself). These are the houses you make out of the small milk cartons covered in graham crackers. Atticus and I had a fine time last week making his house. I felt pretty guilty when he couldn't stop telling me "I am so glad you made it!" Almost like he thought I wasn't going to make it! He of course put as many pieces of candy in his mouth as he put on his house. I don't think it lasted more than 48 hours in our house before it was demolished. Will try to take a lot of pictures at the holidays. Need to go finish my Christmas cards now. Hope they all get to you before Christmas. Merry Christmas!

1 comment: