Friday, March 21, 2008

Atticus Turns 4






Our baby Atticus turned 4 yesterday. I can't believe it. He is such a big boy. The birthday itself was pretty low key. We are in Florida so we can at least tell him we took him to Florida for his 4th birthday. Oh yeah, we also went into Orlando for two days and went to Sea World and Aquatica(Sea World's water park). I have to say from an adult's point of view, we had an awesome time. Sea World, which I wasn't really looking forward to, turned out to be a fabulous attraction. There was a lot for the kids to do and see. I even went on a water ride with Trinity and Murphy...Michael went with Thor. Let's just say I was unnerved on the plummet downward. Trinity was crying and for good reason but she was a trooper. Atticus of course was too young/small to go on that ride. Although, he probably would have enjoyed it. He is fearless. When we went to the Shamu show, we witnessed uncooperative whales right off the bat. That was kind of interesting. The trick where two whales are supposed to shoot two different people up in the air went awry and you could tell the trainers were a little worried. They took a break and got at least one of the whales to cooperate so the show went on but nonetheless, it was interesting. I guess Shamu was not having a good morning! The next day we went to the water park which again I have to say as an adult, I had an awesome time. I'm not into the tall slides but we got there early and Michael took Thor and Murphy on all of the tall slides very early in the am. They got to walk right up to multiple water rides because we got there before the big crowds. After some trepidation, they loved it. When Michael said he could climb no more, they came and got me and I went on one slide...the dolphine slide. It was not very high but when I hit the water and it gave me a massive headache, I thought that was enough of that. The rest of the day was spent in the wave pool, the little kiddie area and then the big kiddie area. My favorite was the water rapids, which was basically a huge loop of rapidly moving water. It moved you along with some force and you just floated along. It was fabulous. Murphy and I did not want to get out. We returned to the real beach Wednesday night, pretty exhausted. On Thursday, Atticus' actual birthday, we went out to a birthday breakfast. Then proceeded to Target to pick out his birthday gifts. We came back home and pretty much stayed inside because it was too cold. Thursday night we picked up his Shrek birthday cake and had a little party with Nanna and Poppa, Cousin Bob and Aunt Ann Marie. Atticus seemed to have a great time. He slept in the next morning until almost 10am so I guess he had a good time! I will try to post pictures...at the moment I don't have the correct connections but don't worry, I will be posting multiple photos when I get the chance. :) Hope all is well with everyone. I don't want to rub it in but the weather has been terriffic. It's going to be a little cool our final week here but don't cry for me Argentina. It will be sunny and it won't be in the snow and cold of the Northeast!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah..some pictures!!!! I'm so jealous! Looks like you guys are having a great time! Easter was freezing and with snow here! 2 months from today we will be basking in the sun! Hope to see more pics!

Meghann Whitmer said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time!! I am so jealous and so wishing we were with you right now. I would have taken your kids on water slides all day! Happy B-day Atticus.

Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful! Looks like you had a great time while I was stuck in Iowa!! Oh, well. Hopefully summer is coming soon for all of us!

MoCos said...

You guys look like you are having a horrible time... all that sun, water and "activities", gross... jk. Hope you guys are having a blast. MN got pounded with a snow storm last Friday. 8 inches.. what's new... So it is still 30 here... what a depressing place to live.... Enjoy the rest of the vacay before you have to head back north!!

deborahcosgrove said...

Next time you can take me along I also will go down the water slides all day long.Looks like you had a great time. Remember all family and friends to check out my travel site cosgrovetravels.com and maybe some day I to will get to go somewhere.