We have wrapped up our two week stay in Florida and we are home. Actually, we arrived home Saturday morning around 7am. We left New Smyrna Beach around noon on Friday. We had to tear ourselves away from what was probably the most beautiful day of the entire vacation. It was an incredible vacation but as always, it is good to get home and get back into a routine. At least that is what I keep telling myself. The trip down was a breeze. The trip home, not so breezy! We hit horrible traffic near Daytona Beach and for the entire stretch of 95 in Georgia. If anyone has any connections to the Georgia Department of Transportation, you might want to tell them that maybe working on one section of the road at a time is bettter than interrupting traffic the entire length of the interestate!! Sorry, I'm still working off a little frustration from the drive home. In addition, our two older children; Murphy and Thor were, shall we say, losing their lunch for a good part of the trip. The two younger children(who I was most worried about) were actually real troopers and took the ride home in stride. Here are some additional pictures from the trip. There are so many beautiful shots(I don't mean because they are my children-it's because the weather was so beautiful) that it is hard to choose which to include. One quick note before I wrap, my sister Tracy's birthday was yesterday. Tracy, I hope you had a great birthday. I won't say how old you are, although I'm sure you wouldn't care. You look younger than all of us. Take care everyone.
4 comments:
Beautiful vacation. I cannot stress how mad I am that we did not join you. You must blow up that pic of the kids holding hands on the beach in black and white. So cool. It snowed here today:(
I have to agree with Meghann! That picture is PRICELESS!!! Now I can't wait to go on vacation more than ever!!! Hope the weather cooperates for us for 6 days! Wish we had 2 weeks!!! Looks like it was a blast and sorry for your ride home!!! Welcome back to reality!
that looks like a lot more fun.. Once again MSP got 8 inches of snow yesterday, yes... April Fools on us. I hate this state.. Well hope you guys had fun. I am heading to Breckenridge Co, this weekend for Matt's sister's wedding, so hopefully we can have a fun getaway...
Amazing though how 2 weeks in the sun and you are all still pale as the irshmen you are... nice....
What a beautiful group of kids-in the genes huh?!! Glad you had a good trip-why am I stuck in Iowa?!! It's not that bad, someday it will reach 60 degrees!
Post a Comment