This past Saturday, Thornton received his first Holy Communion. It was a lovely mass on Saturday morning at St. Joseph Church, the church connected to their school. It is not our church but I thought it would be better if Thor received his first communion with his classmates rather than having him go through the program at St. James.
Thor was very serious about the entire ceremony and I was tickled to learn that he was nervous ahead of time and elated after receiving for the first time. For some reason they did not want the kids receiving the wine on Saturday, so on Sunday, he asked if he could do the wine as well. I said it won't taste good but feel free to partake. Afterward, he agreed he did not like the wine but was once again excited about taking the host. It's nice to see that 8 year olds, in this crazy world, aren't so jaded after all!
Afterward, we went out to a nice lunch. The various pictures are of Thor during his first communion, some of the pictures are from Sunday, the next day and there are also pictures of Thor riding his new bike, courtesy of Nana and Papa..it was a combination birthday, first holy communion gift(I think). Thank you Nana and Papa, Thor loves it!!
Hope everyone is well.
Thor was very serious about the entire ceremony and I was tickled to learn that he was nervous ahead of time and elated after receiving for the first time. For some reason they did not want the kids receiving the wine on Saturday, so on Sunday, he asked if he could do the wine as well. I said it won't taste good but feel free to partake. Afterward, he agreed he did not like the wine but was once again excited about taking the host. It's nice to see that 8 year olds, in this crazy world, aren't so jaded after all!
Afterward, we went out to a nice lunch. The various pictures are of Thor during his first communion, some of the pictures are from Sunday, the next day and there are also pictures of Thor riding his new bike, courtesy of Nana and Papa..it was a combination birthday, first holy communion gift(I think). Thank you Nana and Papa, Thor loves it!!
Hope everyone is well.
3 comments:
Congrats on your first communion Thor! My question is how scary was your first Confession? Happy to see your parents take you to church 2x in a weekend!!
Confession.. ohh... that is a little scary.....did you get 3 hail mary's and 2 glory be's?? Cause that is the standard.. so your probably good... Hope you had a good first communion!!
Sat & Sun wow. You guys are holy rollers. I love th closeup of Thor. What camera sos you have I need a new one.
Post a Comment