Murphy celebrated her 10th birthday recently. It is hard to believe she is 10 years old already. As many of you know, Michael and I were married a decade before we could have children. Murphy is the miracle that finally came into our lives! We were ecstatic. Then we were blessed with three more miracles.
On her actual birthday, we celebrated in the morning with blueberry muffins. That night, I asked her if she wanted to go to the Galley and instead she opted to have me just bring Galley pizza and wings home after work. Apparently, she was saving her energy for the weekend when she would have a birthday party with all of the girls from her class. Don't feel too badly for me, there are only three other girls in her class! The up and down side of a Catholic education. Her party started at 10:15 in the morning. That is because we rented our own movie theatre so she and her friends could watch High School Musical all by themselves. Don't get too excited, it's a second run movie theatre so it really wasn't that spectacular..but the girls enjoyed it . They could run around and dance and sing through the movie. I had to go of course and it was quite painful to have to sit through HSM 3! But it was not about me that day, it was about Murphy. She allowed Trinity to join her and her friends but the boys were not allowed. Believe me, Thor would not have been caught dead watching the movie. Atticus wanted to go but he wants to go everywhere.
After the movie we met the boys(Michael, Atticus and Thor) at Los Tapatios(wonderful Mexican restaurant) for lunch. It was awesome food. Always is! Then we returned home for cake and presents. Deb Harter stopped by with presents for Murphy and had some cake. She brought her dog Chloe. Murphy, if you don't know, is absolutely in love with dogs. She desperately wants one. We would have given her one to avoid the party if it weren't the middle of winter. I will never train a dog in the winter ever again in my life! The girls were supposed to leave late in the afternoon but it was snowing pretty heavily by that time and before I knew it, the day long birthday party turned into a slumber party.
Murphy had a great time. I fell asleep early but when I heard Michael strongly urging the girls at 2am to go to sleep, I figured I better get out of bed and reinforce that message. They fell asleep and woke about 8. I fed them pancakes and sent them on their way.
We got about 7 inches of snow and it has been bitter cold ever since. I don't have to tell my Midwestern relatives how bad it is. They experienced this cold wave a few days ahead of us. If you are reading this from the south or southwest, please use this as a reminder as to why you live where you live. I have to admit that on my way to work this morning, when the temperature was minus 6, the view of the city was spectacular! Truly! That warm feeling quickly faded and the reality of the bone chilling cold smacked me back to reality when I got out of my car to go into my office. Hope everyone is well. I will try to update more often in the New Year. I know I say that every time and I fail but maybe one of these times I will stick with it.
On her actual birthday, we celebrated in the morning with blueberry muffins. That night, I asked her if she wanted to go to the Galley and instead she opted to have me just bring Galley pizza and wings home after work. Apparently, she was saving her energy for the weekend when she would have a birthday party with all of the girls from her class. Don't feel too badly for me, there are only three other girls in her class! The up and down side of a Catholic education. Her party started at 10:15 in the morning. That is because we rented our own movie theatre so she and her friends could watch High School Musical all by themselves. Don't get too excited, it's a second run movie theatre so it really wasn't that spectacular..but the girls enjoyed it . They could run around and dance and sing through the movie. I had to go of course and it was quite painful to have to sit through HSM 3! But it was not about me that day, it was about Murphy. She allowed Trinity to join her and her friends but the boys were not allowed. Believe me, Thor would not have been caught dead watching the movie. Atticus wanted to go but he wants to go everywhere.
After the movie we met the boys(Michael, Atticus and Thor) at Los Tapatios(wonderful Mexican restaurant) for lunch. It was awesome food. Always is! Then we returned home for cake and presents. Deb Harter stopped by with presents for Murphy and had some cake. She brought her dog Chloe. Murphy, if you don't know, is absolutely in love with dogs. She desperately wants one. We would have given her one to avoid the party if it weren't the middle of winter. I will never train a dog in the winter ever again in my life! The girls were supposed to leave late in the afternoon but it was snowing pretty heavily by that time and before I knew it, the day long birthday party turned into a slumber party.
Murphy had a great time. I fell asleep early but when I heard Michael strongly urging the girls at 2am to go to sleep, I figured I better get out of bed and reinforce that message. They fell asleep and woke about 8. I fed them pancakes and sent them on their way.
We got about 7 inches of snow and it has been bitter cold ever since. I don't have to tell my Midwestern relatives how bad it is. They experienced this cold wave a few days ahead of us. If you are reading this from the south or southwest, please use this as a reminder as to why you live where you live. I have to admit that on my way to work this morning, when the temperature was minus 6, the view of the city was spectacular! Truly! That warm feeling quickly faded and the reality of the bone chilling cold smacked me back to reality when I got out of my car to go into my office. Hope everyone is well. I will try to update more often in the New Year. I know I say that every time and I fail but maybe one of these times I will stick with it.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Murphy! I remember when you called my mom at our first little apartment we lived while we were busy packing to move onto place #2 to tell us you were expecting! We were thrilled!
Believe me I know the pain you went through to watch HSM 3!!! Wasn't that absolutely painful to sit thruogh! AHHH! I guess you do it for your kids!
Looks like it was a great party! Corby has 11 girls in his class while Preston only has 5.
We will be celebrating Conner-Bear's 4th birthday next weekend with friends bowling! The good thing I've found about boys is that sleepovers are not as often!
Yes we absolutely FROZE to death last week with those -25 degree windchills. All schools were cancelled around us except us...guess we survived!
Happy Birthday Murphy!
Sounds like a killer birthday party.. Only three girls in her class? That is crazy.. I thought Riley being one of 11 boys in his entire grade was bad..
Post a Comment