Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Where did the time go? I can't believe another one is behind us...but frankly this year, I am delighted another year is gone. Good riddance to 2008! I guess there were a few bright spots. My family is healthy and we still have jobs...that's always a positive. My boss was also re-elected for four years! We also saw Obama elected president! That has got to mean some better times are ahead. There were many other good things that happened but suffice it to say, it will go down in our memory banks as kind of a bummer year! We are spending the New Year's holiday ensconced in our modest little home. We're having sushi and chips! WoooHoo!! I know you are all jealous of our rocking New Year's Eve. I'm not even sure I'll see midnight tonight, but I'll give it my best shot. The kids are all ready to stay up. They are going to watch movies and fall asleep on the floor. Our Christmas was lovely. Lots of family in town to keep things hopping and exciting. Here are some photos of our Christmas morning. It was a good Christmas morning. Many shrieks of joy could be heard. I think that's a good sign that they liked what they got. Murphy received lots of High School Musical items from Santa...Trinity received Princess related dolls and make up and such...and the boys received many a Bakugan! If you don't know what that is, take a look at Thor and Atticus in the picture above. They are balls that open up and reveal some kind of creature when exposed to metal. Has something to do with magnets. I have to say they are odd little items but quite fascinating. I can see why they take so much pleasure in collecting and playing with them. Well, hope everyone is happy, healthy and safe tonight and remains that way through the New Year. Take care of yourselves..and here's to a better 2009!

3 comments:

Meghann Whitmer said...

Happy New Year. We spent ours in Okoboji at a friends with our kids and alot of Wii! We barely made it past midnight. Funny how times change? I am also happy to hear your boss got re-elceted becuase I know what it is like when your boss does not get re-elected. IT SUCKS!!!!!!

MoCos said...

Happy New Year!! I spent New Years with the padres...I win for biggest loser on NYE. I agree I am glad 2008 is over. But that means that I have to make time for school, graduation, bar exam, and end it with a wedding.. So I will probably be a little more excited for the end of 2009!!

Xiaojing said...

Happy New Year!!!

It seemed that there was a lot of fun in your Christmas. I am from China. I was surprised to see Bakugan in your kid' hands. Can you imagine? The kids in China are playing Bakugan now too.