Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa

The birthday boy with Trinity and Atticus and one of the finest chocolate cakes I have ever tasted!

Again, he is not 80. If he was this was a pretty poor way to celebrate such a milestone. The cake reads "in his 80th year" because that's the way he likes to describe his age!


Last night, Michael and I took Michael's father and mother to dinner to celebrate what Michael's father calls his 80th year of life. He was only 79 but that is how he looks at his birthdays. We had a wonderful(adult) dinner and then we came back and had a fabulous chocolate cake with the kids. I have only known Salvatore for the last 22 years of his life. I am thankful he has been a part of my life and my children's lives. He is a wonderful and generous father in law and an absolutely fantastic grandpa or papa as the kids call him. As I have mentioned before, we are lucky to live so close by and be the beneficiary of his largess but more importantly we have been the beneficiaries of his love and support. He has had a very interesting life and we always enjoy listening to a story, any story, from his childhood in Brooklyn. Happy Birthday Papa, we love you very much!

2 comments:

Meghann Whitmer said...

Happy Birthday Papa. I can only imagine some of your stories...since you are the man you raised Michael:)

MoCos said...

Happy Birthday Sal! Hope your 80th year is fabulous!