Saturday, November 14, 2009

More From Our Trip to Iowa


The girls on the plane heading out to the Midwest. It was Trinity's first plane ride. Murphy has been on a plane before but she was only 2 or 3. Both were excellent going out and coming back. I had to pretend that flying is fun!

The girls playing at the Sioux City band shell. I used to hang out here all the time. It is located right across the street from my old house(up and over a hill but still in a park right next to my house)

The band shell. They have really done a nice job renovating it to its former glory. When I lived there, nobody used it except us!

My old house....I really loved this house!


It's been a few weeks so I figured I should probably post some of the other photos from our Iowa trip before it gets too far in the rear view mirror. The girls and I traveled back to Northwest Iowa for my niece's wedding. But before the wedding, we took a few days to tour my childhood stomping grounds in Sioux City and Okoboji. I thought the girls would be totally bored but I was pleasantly surprised that they were not bored and actually expressed enthusiastic interest in where I lived, where I went to school and what I used to do to pass the time. It was nice to go back to the place I consider kind of my "hometown". I thought Sioux City has held up pretty well. Actually I'm quite proud of the progress. the downtown certainly has its challenges..whose downtown doesn't but still all and all I thought it looked good. I want to thank my girls for humoring me and being so patient. We really did have a nice time, just us girls! I hope we get to do more of these trips.

1 comment:

MoCos said...

I also loved running around the bandshell as a little kid and 2320 McDonald does NOT look 2030 at all.. looking good!