"Hey Shorty, it's your birthday!"
Any idea what this is? You'll have to read to find out!

Gathering around the birthday boy.

Showing off his loot!
Thornton turned ten years old this weekend. We had a lovely, all weekend long celebration. Before the festivities, we had to work at a school garage sale to raise funds for an African orphanage, then we attended Trinity's communion practice. That was followed by a baseball game for Thor, which Michael attended, while I and the other three went shopping for birthday presents for Thor.
From there we regrouped, then checked into the Hampton Inn locally where the kids swam and we spent the night. Sunday morning we got up, the kids swam again and then I headed to church solo while the rest went home and regrouped again.
That afternoon we met the Fauci's at Little Venice for Thor's birthday lunch/dinner then came back to our house for desert and presents. The blob of stuff on the plate with candles sticking out is Thor's flan. He requested flan instead of cake. I have no idea who this child is but he is obviously not mine! It turned out and was actually very tasty...with a little whipped cream on top of course. Thor got a bike from his grandparents, the new baseball video game from his father, Bronco's and Yankees' items from me, a new Bronco hat from his sister Murphy and a Bronco's sticker from his sister Trinity. He also received his annual birthday card from his aunts Tracy and Darby with money which is always a very exciting arrival!
All of my children's birthdays are pretty much in the first trimester of the year so we are pretty much done until next year! There is still Michael's to worry about but since he prefers not to have his birthday acknowledged, that makes it pretty easy on me! Of course I don't pay attention to him but still he can't express any disappointment because I would just remind him of his desire not to be acknowledged on his birthday. Yes, I know he is weird!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Thor! I cannot believe you are 10, and that you like Flan.. weird.. so gross.. the texture of flan so freaks me out. Looks like you got a good loot! Hope you had a good day!
Happy Birthday Thor! Corby is right behind you and he's changed his mind a million times on what he wants to do....I can guarantee one thing....it won't be a sleepover again! :) Makes me sad to think I will have one in double digits! :(
Happy Birthday Thor. Looks like you had a good day.
When I first read the title to this post I just assumed it was Murphy who was turning 10. Boy was I wrong!!! So Happy Beltaed Thor! Happy to see you like the Broncos!! That is Jamie's favorite NFL team. Are you happy they drafted Tim Tebow....Jamie is so not cool with it.
Post a Comment