Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thor's Football Season


Thor during his game. #54. He never gets embarrassed when I want to take his picture. So far he seems always happy to oblige. I hope that never changes!

The coach giving them the post game, "great game" pep talk.
Thor is in there somewhere but you can't see him in this photo.

Thor trying to get his jersey off with a little help from his teammate.


Still unsuccessful and needing the help of an adult. Coach Polemeni was finally able to release him from his jersey. Apparently it is a little small!


Thornton is playing football once again this year. I think this is his third year. The last two years he has played for Maine Endwell. This year he is playing for Union Endicott Tigers' pee wee league. Not sure if it is actually referred to as pee wee football but that is what I call it. He is Offensive Tackle/Defensive Linebacker and backup Center. So far his team is 4-0 which is a much improved position over last year when his team didn't win a single game. I always say I don't think they even scored a touchdown last year but Michael always corrects me and says they scored two touchdowns. I think I blocked that entire season because I was so worried he was going to get hurt. All the other teams were so big and his team was so small. Now I think that is what the other parents are saying about his team this year! We really enjoy watching the games. Nothing better than fall weather and outdoor football!

This game featured on this edition of the Fauci Blog is against Susquehanna. Not Susquehanna Valley, Susquehanna in Susquehanna County, PA. Nana's hometown. We took the opportunity to stop by the old homestead. Sorry, should have taken some pictures. It's kind of sad to see the town in such a deteriorated state. I know from the stories Michael tells and the stories Nana tells it was once a lovely little, bustling community.

Only three games left until playoffs. We'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: