Friday, November 12, 2010

Veterans Day and Senator Schumer Meets My Kids

Veterans Day in Binghamton

Trinity hugging the flagpole! I told you she is different! She says it would all make sense if I took a picture of the flag as well...and she was right!

Murphy and Trinity after the parade. Murphy looks okay here...but quickly failed!

A local band participating in the Veterans Day Parade. Look at that beautiful sky!

Same band...I think!

The Marine color guard. Got to love the Marines!

Senator Chuck and the kids.

The Senator asking Trinity her name.

Trinity pretending to do a speech at the podium.

The Senator consulting with Thor, Trinity and Murphy on
domestic economic policy.


Took the kids to the mall on Veterans Day. Senator Schumer was in town to say thank you for his re-election. My friend Amanda is his regional representative so I wanted to show our support and also have the kids meet one of the most powerful Senators in the country. He was lovely and took the time to talk to the kids, ask their names and take pictures with them. The kids don't quite get why he's so important but they behaved(sort of). Atticus refused to go. Maybe he's a Republican and he doesn't even know it yet. (just kidding!!)

After the Schumer visit, we proceeded onto the Veterans Day Parade in Binghamton. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Hardly a cloud in the sky and temps around 60! Just beautiful!

Thank you to all of our veterans both active and those who died in battle, as well as those who are simply no longer with us! We owe you our freedom which is a debt we can never repay. Thank you to my Dad, Darwin, who is no longer with us, for his service in WWII and to Michael's Dad, Sal, for his service during the Korean conflict.

Later that day, poor Murphy succumbed to the worst stomach bug I think she has ever experienced. Poor thing. I won't provide any details but let's just say she really had a rough night. She has bounced back today but still not 100%. Hopefully this is not one of those bugs that tears through the house and affects us all! We did that last March and it wasn't pretty!

1 comment:

MoCos said...

that is cool that met the Chuckster! I don't know what is worse, that Murphy got sick of that you might be raising Alex P. Keaton.. that is my worse nightmare. Atticus just didn't want to show the great Senator up!