Basically all the same picture.
Couldn't decide so put them all.
Took videos of them opening presents but forgot to take still pictures.
These are from Nana and Papa's house after Christmas Mass.
These are the final few moments in nice clothes. All are itching to change...except for Trinity that is. She liked her dress for once!!!
It is Christmas Day night. I am quite proud of myself that I am actually blogging on the day of the actual event. We had a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The Eve was spent doing a little cleaning, a little shopping and a lot of eating. Headed to the Fauci's around 2pm to get ready for the annual Fauci Christmas Eve seafood feast. Christine was in with her two boys and Kate was in with her four girls. Both needed to get back home Christmas Eve evening so we were having an early dinner this year. No complaints here. Actually gave me more time to do those last minute preps for Christmas morning. Why I don't do any of that ahead of time is beyond me. I lament that every Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning Michael and I finally agreed to let the festivities proceed around 8am...we don't do like those families do in those commercials..you know where the kids wake the parents at the crack of dawn! Our kids know to entertain themselves until we wake up. Believe me they aren't completely silent. The noise starts to ramp up around 7:30am..and finally at 8am we usually relent, roll out of bed, go downstairs to check to see if Santa came, get the cameras ready, let the dog out...by this time the kids are bursting and can't wait anymore.
Everyone seemed happy with their individual gifts. The family gift this year was the Kinnect for XBOX! It has burned Michael for a couple of years that we actually let a Nintendo product into our house. The Wii is fun and continues to be fun but now we are also enjoying the hands free Kinnect. I have yet to play so can't provide any reviews at this time but the kids are playing right now and certainly seem to enjoy it.
Went to mass where once again our music director Jan Deangelo and the choir provided a magnificent Halleluja Chorus! Brings me chills every time. The guy in the back of the church really annoyed me...he apparently was oblivious to the beautiful music and talked loudly through the entire thing. Moron! (Oh yeah, it's Christmas, I guess I should be more forgiving.) Misguided individual!
Went to the Fauci's to graze once more on all of the holiday goodies. Came home, took a nap, then got up to clean the kitchen for Christmas dinner. This is quite a momentous year. We actually hosted the Christmas Dinner. That's because no one else was in town so it was only us and Nana, Papa and Aunt Markie. Nana and Papa provided the main course, the tenderloin, which Michael cooked to perfection and he also made rice balls which were out of this world!! Let's just say we ate very well this holiday.
Hope everyone had as joyous a Christmas as we did. The only bummer was/is that Trinity is sick. She has what Michael and I and Atticus have been suffering from...a bad cold, fever and bad cough. We are off all week so hopefully she gets better soon. They received a lot of gift cards so they are all anxious to go shopping!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!




2 comments:
Great Christmas Pictures, but I hate that your kids are all starting to look to old! What a nice Christmas you guys had except what a bummer that Trinity was sick. I have been sick twice on Christmas, once in high school and college, and it is a bummer! Hope you guys had a good week off!
super job, we want more
Post a Comment