Saturday, February 19, 2011

Trying to Eke Out a Little Fun in the Dead of Winter

Dinner at the Fauci's is always very casual but thanks to Michael the food is delicious. The pictures of this meal, however, have inspired me to effort to do better on table setting, dishes, etc.

While the parents ate(we did feed the kids pizza first) some of the kids busied themselves with the ubiquitous video games.

Tracy and Tom and the crack pie.

Mark a Red Sox fan(yes we let him in the house) and Thor a Yankees fan pretended to go at it in their respective jerseys.

Melissa and Torry enjoying the crack pie...I think!

A beautiful picture of Tracy and her daughter Makena.

Last Friday, we invited a couple of couples over for dinner. Michael was cooking of course. Tom and Tracy Darpino came over with their two children, Makena and Matt and Torry and his new wife Melissa and son Mark also came over. We had a lovely time. At least I think they had a lovely time because I did. There was plenty of wine flowing and as always when Michael cooks there was plenty of food. He made his classic shrimp stuffed artichokes which again were the highlight of the night. He also made homemade pizzas for the kids(which we adults consumed as well) and he also tried two new dishes. One of them was called rice timbali. I liked it. Not sure Tom did. I think the others enjoyed. The pasta dish I didn't even attempt because I was so full. Michael didn't think it was very good and says he probably won't attempt again. I think he should do the timbale again and he absolutely has to do the artichokes, many, many times again! I almost forgot to mention the "crack" pie. Don't ask me why it is called that but considering how delicious it was it may very well have had crack in it! Thanks guys for a lovely evening. Thank you Michael for all of the cooking. I think it took him a couple of days to prepare everything. It was a nice break from a rather dreary winter. Things are starting to thaw here in the Northeast. I only hope it keeps up! Happy end of winter everyone!

1 comment:

MoCos said...

this just makes me jealous... I love Michael's food and would kill for a 3 day feast fest of Micheal's cooking and my eating.. I have not had the shrimp/artichoke thing and I need some crack pie. I am a fan of legal drugs!