Hello all!!
6 weeks and counting! I don't really have an update but just felt the need to touch base with everyone and make sure we're all on the same page.
I also wanted to remind everyone we have several family events to celebrate when we get together--Maureen and Matt's new baby...Meghann's(yes and Jamie's) pregnancy....DK's graduation, just to name a few. If there are more--please share so we can appropriately acknowledge when we get together!
We are quickly approaching the Thornton Family Reunion-2012. I know my family is psyched and can't wait to see everyone. I realize this summer is packed with activities and time is flying by so I just wanted to reiterate how grateful I am that everyone is making an effort this summer to get together.
I think everyone knows this but there has been a change of plans for Friday night(which reminds me I need to cancel the restaurant). We are now planning to gather at Libby's house as she has graciously offered to host all of us at her house. We will all chip in to underwrite the event but it should be a lovely time. I hope everyone is/was okay with this decision.
Also somewhat updated information--I believe that EJ and Mary and at least two of their children and spouses are going to be traveling to join us for this "gathering". I think this is wonderful as this is a branch of the family we unfortunately have not had a lot of contact with. Will be nice to reconnect! Mary has been wonderful these past few years staying in touch and sending updates about her family and asking about ours so I think it's really great they are going to the effort of coming all that way to join us.
I have a quick question I would like to receive feedback on--since we are kind of going to have a casual gathering/barbecue at Libby's do we still want to have the picnic at the park on Saturday? Again, I am open to whatever. We can either still proceed with the picnic or just hang out at the hotel all day. I was just thinking that since there is a pool at the hotel, the kids might be better off there?? Again, I am open to anything. I don't care. I think it will be fun either way but just throwing it out there for discussion.
Another reminder--hotel rooms have all been booked. I hope that is not a problem for anyone. If we do have last minute add ons, I am sure there are nearby hotels that can accommodate. Hopefully that is not the case but I would recommend that everyone double check their reservation just to make sure everyone is all set.
Let everyone know what you are thinking. If you have some thoughts on the itinerary...make sure you "reply to all" if you are emailing or post your questions/ideas to this blog's comments section.
I do believe that many of the families are planning to take kids to Adventureland on Friday morning/afternoon. If we can get a headcount on that, maybe we can get a group discount. This will be my next order of business, but again it would be helpful to have a headcount.
Really getting excited to see everyone. I'll try to touch base weekly from here on in just to keep the information flowing.
Hope everyone is having a great summer. See you in a few!
2 comments:
All sounds good...just thinking we should make sure that it is not also the Iowa State Fair...becasue if it is..hotel rooms could be hard to find!
Eckler crew is ready!!!!
Post a Comment