Saturday, August 25, 2012

Need To Do Some Catching Up Before the Reunion Blog

This has been a very, very bad year for maintaining my blog.  I think about it often but simply have not had the time to actually sit down at a computer and upload photos and write a few simple lines.  I am vowing to bring this blog up to date to the point of our Thornton Family Reunion, and then will see how it goes after that.

I am going to back peddle here, back about 3-4 months. Our kids were in their end of the year programs this year.  Murphy was in 7th grade at the High School(they moved the 7th and 8th graders there this past year.) They did not have an end of the year program so that is why she is not included in this update.

Trinity and Atticus performed in a very patriotic concert which was fantastic!  Their music teacher has really outdone herself both with the spring concert and the Christmas concert.  Yes, I can call it a Christmas concert because they go to a Catholic School.  Each class sings a different Christmas song(both secular and religious) and then at the end, the entire K-6th grades tell the Nativity story until all of the classes are back on stage and they are singing and acting out the final scene of the Nativity story.  Absolutely incredible. I wish I had photos to demonstrate how lovely a program it is.


Trinity at her end of the year concert in her patriotic red and white.  There was a lot of dress drama before the event because the dress she wanted to wear wasn't clean.  I thought she looked adorable...she was not a happy camper.  This was one of the rare shots where she was smiling.




Atticus is in the white shirt and pinstripe shorts.  He also was not happy with his outfit.  Said it wasn't colorful enough.  I said, someone has to the be white in the red, white and blue.  Didn't seem to satisfy him!

I have a couple of photos from the patriotic concert but it was very dark and hard to get close so they are not very good.  

Thor's 6th grade class(the oldest grade at the school since they moved the 7th and 8th graders to the High School) put on a musical that was beyond adorable.  It was a takeoff on the story of King Arthur and the Sword in the Stone.  Thor and his friend Sam were the court jesters and they were very funny.  I was told Thor choreographed at least one of the numbers.  He is a very good dancer and I think he likes being on stage.  He thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.



Thornton and Sam front and center as the court jesters.  This play had great costumes, music, choreography as well as a cute story...I thought they should have taken it on the road!

Kids have been out of school since mid-June.  Michael and I have to work so Miss Katie, our babysitter, since forever, is watching them again this summer.  Have I mentioned how blessed we are to have her in our lives?

We didn't do much all summer.  Kids hung out and went swimming with Miss Katie.  We visited the Fauci's cottage at the lake as often as possible (it truly is a little slice of heaven!).

And then we prepared for the big reunion---the Thornton Family Reunion 2012!

No comments: