Trinity and Atticus looking up at some tall dinosaur bones
We had a big day yesterday. We took one of Tom(our friend Tom) and Jerry's(there is no Jerry, there used to be..long story) bus trips to New York City to see the Yankees. However, we can't do just one thing. We have to pack more in than that. Game was at 7p but bus arrived in the Bronx at 4p. We took subway to Columbus Circle and then a taxi to the Museum of Natural History(you know the one from the movie). We ran through the museum in about an hour. Normally, it would take a lot longer than that but we didn't have more than that. Unless you do one of the special exhibits, I personally found the museum kind of boring. I would rather spend the time in the Metropolitan but certainly the kids enjoyed this museum better than the Met. While Thor enjoyed it, he was a bit disappointed that it didn't look exactly as portrayed in the movie. We had to have the talk about dramatic license and all but that didn't help erase his disappointment.
After running through the museum, we grabbed a bite to eat in a real authentic NYC diner. That was quite an experience. Don't want to disparage anyone at Nick's at 77th and Broadway, but let's just say we won't be going back.
From Nick's we headed back uptown on the subway to the Yankee Game. Kids really enjoyed this experience.
From Nick's we headed back uptown on the subway to the Yankee Game. Kids really enjoyed this experience.
Murphy and her friend Makena find a new use for the safety bars
Tri and Atticus all smiles regarding the subway experience

We got back to the stadium about 7:15 and all of the kids received a set of Yankee Uno cards. We were pretty high up along the third baseline but it was a lot of fun. We figured we should get the kids to a game before the old stadium is torn down. They don't get it now but hopefully they'll appreciate it someday. We had a great time. Murphy's favorite part of the game was watching an obnoxious Yankee fan get tossed out of the game. Actually, she was fascinated by it...she hadn't seen this species of human being ever before. They all really enjoyed actually watching and paying attention to the action which frankly surprised. I guess I'm talking about everyone except Atticus. His goal the entire game was to get cotton candy. Believe it or not, we never saw a cotton candy vendor all night. Daddy even went looking for some but alas no CC. Atticus was not happy! He had to settle for a frozen lemonade. Yankees fell behind early but rallied twice in the 8th and 9th. Neither time did those rallies result in any game winning runs so we headed home losers for that night. Little did we know that our unfortunate evening was only beginning.
We left the stadium about 10:30pm and hit Scranton around 1:30am(Scranton is about 45 minutes from home). I was really tired(I cannot sleep on a bus, a plane, my own car with my husband driving--again another story) but at Scranton I began thinking that the trip was almost over. Then we hit the interminable traffic jam. Actually it was 2 1/2 hours!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating this was. We arrived home around 5am! Had to get up and go to work but I didn't go in until 10am. Let's just say we probably won't be doing any weekday baseball games again. Anyway, day is over, blog is updated and I am going to bed!
We left the stadium about 10:30pm and hit Scranton around 1:30am(Scranton is about 45 minutes from home). I was really tired(I cannot sleep on a bus, a plane, my own car with my husband driving--again another story) but at Scranton I began thinking that the trip was almost over. Then we hit the interminable traffic jam. Actually it was 2 1/2 hours!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating this was. We arrived home around 5am! Had to get up and go to work but I didn't go in until 10am. Let's just say we probably won't be doing any weekday baseball games again. Anyway, day is over, blog is updated and I am going to bed!
Kids getting a closer look during the 8th inning rally

Atticus and Michael-Giambi-Fauci (Got Stache?)
Out of focus Thor--still smiling!
Atticus and Michael-Giambi-Fauci (Got Stache?)
5 comments:
How awesome! NO CC! What kind of stadium is that??? JK!!! We had 3 vendors walk by us and I told the kids NO! Corby got sick on it at Tom Sawyer Days and had to remind him of that numerous times! The ride home doesn't sound pleasent! And I'm like you, I cannot sleep with Heath at the wheel! He tends to drift off, so we have some weird conversations driving home in the wee hours of the morning trying to keep him awake!
That looks like a lot of fun.. Tell those kids to quit growing, no more Fauci Babies, what is the world coming to? And Seriously this stache..It gives me the creepers... I bet in looks awesome though when he gets angry.. You can be like, "Look out kids, it's the angry mustache!!"
And Tell Tri Town I love her hair.. Murph's is cute too, but Tri's is SOOO cute... Oh and Buzz Cuts are always handsome as ever..
Great time, but what a long night and the next day, WOW!! I don't think I have ever been that tired!!!! However it was a day that I won't forget!! Thanks
Glad to see the kids are having a great summer. What a fun day to be able to go to NY. I wish I was their.Don't believe Maureen when she says she likes the girls hair, of course they are beautiful. I am told over and over from Maureen and Meghann that they will never cut their girls hair because I gave them the Dorthy Hamil haircut and they looked like boys. I always thought it was cut and I still do.
Trinity doesn't have a bowl cut mom.. her cut is cute... You put a plastic bowl on my head and cut around it.. That is child abuse
Post a Comment