Sunday, February 8, 2009

Father-Daughter Ball x 2

Daddy and girls. Don't they all look handsome!


This past Friday, Michael and Murphy and Trinity attended the annual Father-Daughter ball. Michael took Murphy two years ago and she really enjoyed it. Last year, they didn't attend and this year, Trinity was old enough to go. It is quite a popular event held over two nights. I guess several hundred girls and their fathers attend each night. Michael bought the girls wrist corsages. They were so excited! Trinity didn't quite understand why you would put flowers on your wrist but she finally gave in and did it and thought they were beautiful. It was nice to see the girls all dressed up and going out for an evening with their father. I on the other hand took the boys to the mall. I have finally learned what the boys feel like when they have to go shopping with me. I let them shop and look around whatever stores they wanted. That meant I was left waiting patiently outside of, not one but two video gaming stores! Oh well, they enjoyed it. Weather has warmed up a bit. It is at least in the 40's this week. What a welcome change from this long, cold, snowy winter. Hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

Meghann Whitmer said...

What a good dad! Holstein Rec Center had its father daughter ball here last night, I think it is getting to be a big thing. My question always is what happens to the poor kids who do not have a father? Girls look beuatiful.

MoCos said...

What is this father/daughter dance. Is it a national thing? I don't think you could get T.C. to any dance that didn't have a bar. Well the girls look adorable and Micheal looks handsome as ever. Hope they had a good time!!

Katie said...

Beautiful! They have a thing like that for mom/sons and daughters/father in Quincy but we seem to always have something going on when they have it. I would hate to take Preston because he is always the one when I do my hair a little different or dress up to tell me he hates when I look like that. He will for sure tell me that this weekend when we have our huge Lucky Hearts Dinner and $10K dance! Have you taken any pics with your new camera????