Friday, April 10, 2009

Preparing for Easter

Atticus is very proud of his handiwork!

Tri-town had a ball.  Anything to do with painting she can do for hours.

Thor had the least patience for the egg coloring exercise but he still did a nice job.


Murphy and her favorite color, green.


Another Easter egg coloring project is in the books!  Thankfully only one broke.

Because it has been such a tough week(the kids have been impacted as well by the April 3rd tragedy) I wanted to try to have a little fun today.  I took a couple hours off from work this Friday afternoon and took the kids to the mall.  They have been begging to go for days.  As an early Easter present, I bought them all new Webkins.  (It's called parental guilt...the kind of guilt that comes when you haven't been able to spend time with your kids in 13 days!)  Tonight, Michael made a beautiful fish dinner and then we decorated Easter Eggs AND made Rice Krispy treats.  Sounds like overkill but it was a lot of fun.  Here are some pictures of the kids coloring hard boiled eggs.  Which reminds me of a quick funny story.  Their grandmother, Nana, always likes to hold an Easter egg hunt in her backyard for the kids.  I usually only like to hide fake eggs but she likes to do both.  This usually works fine, however, this year my kids put all of their real eggs in a bag with their fake eggs.  Naturally, when we got home, they felt the need to hide their bags of goodies from their siblings.  Thank goodness only a few days passed before I stumbled upon a bag of rotten eggs!  Boy did they stink!  Needless to say, I pay a lot more attention to what my kids are doing with their Easter booty!  We are here in Binghamton for Easter.  Not sure what we are doing.  Church of course and then, if we can't get a reservation for an Easter brunch, we will probably just go to the Fauci's where Michael and his mother I'm sure will put on a beautiful meal.  I hope everyone has a blessed Easter!

1 comment:

MoCos said...

I hope you had a nice break after working your butt off. Hang in there!!