
Thor blowing out the candles on his two cakes.

If you have a hamburger for a main course you have to have dessert! Aren't these cakes hilarious?! Couldn't pass them up. I prefer a little more cake with my birthday cake. These had a little too much frosting. The kids liked them!

Atticus still thinks this is funny! Apparently so does Papa!

Future Yankee, #3 Thooooooorrrrrr Fauci!

He's either closing some big deal, or some family member had just called
to wish him a Happy Birthday!
Thornton celebrated his ninth birthday over the weekend. It was a family only event this year. Michael and I try to limit the friends birthday parties to every other year or longer if we can get away with it! I think he had a good birthday. He started it early by having his picture taken for little league. Then later that day he had his first baseball game. He connected with the ball a couple of times but no official hits. He seems to be really enjoying himself...much like he did last year playing football. He is kind of getting a late start but again, he doesn't seem to mind. Michael is with him tonight at his second game. I'm back home with the kids. We were all going to go but rain is imminent and Michael didn't even think the game would get started. After the baseball game on Saturday, we all came home and Thornton and his siblings played in the back yard with the hose. It was sooooo hot! Mid 80's. Later Nana and Papa came over and we had sushi, shumai and pizza. Then he opened all of his presents. He received Lego's, Nerf guns, a new Webkins animal, baseball cards, a new Wii game, a new Wii controller, a sports bag for all of his baseball stuff, some Halo figures(guess who he got those from?) and then he also got something else from his father that has to do with Thor getting his own gamer tag. I have no idea what that means, but apparently that is a big deal! So I think he got enough to make up for no party with friends. Do you think? Weather finally broke tonight. Thank goodness. It is too early for 80 and 90 degree temperatures. Hope everyone is well and swine flu free!
2 comments:
I'm right behind you! Corby turns 9 June 2nd. Looks like they are into the same things. We are too slowly doing away with the friend bdays and just doing more family celbrations. They actually thought there for awhile they had 2 birthdays #1 Family Birthday #2 Friend Bday's. Our baseball season is getting ready to begin if the rain ever decides to stop. Hopefully we will get a practice or two in before the first game the end of May! Happy Birthday Thor!!!
Congrats on turning 9 Thor.. That went by fast, for me at least. I hope baseball is going well. and I am wicked jealous that you and murph not only had sweet seats to DMB, but you got Carter's Drum sticks... man I am so wicked jealous!! Hope all Fauci's are well!
Post a Comment