Aren't they beautiful!
I was thinking about replacing my red wreath with a pink one
when the nest discovery was made.
Today we were hanging out on our porch waiting for one of Thornton's friends to come over for a visit. As I walked back into my front door, I noticed a large bird's nest had been built on top of my decorative wreath. I got a chair and looked inside and sure enough there were four blue robin's eggs inside. It was quite a treat to see. Thankfully the mother was not around, or if she had been watching us from afar I'm sure she would not have been happy. We made sure not to touch anything but I did want to get a few pictures.
Anyway, just 10 minutes later, Michael and and I were on the couch talking about the Kentucky Derby. He usually asks me what horse I want to bet on. This year he had not asked. But when I saw the names of the horses appear on screen I said, hey, I need to make my bet! Just then I saw the name "Mine the Bird"! I immediately told Michael, I wanted to bet on that horse in light of the fact we just discovered a bird's nest outside our door. Initially I thought it read "Mind the Bird"! Anyway, we were out to dinner that night watching the race and sure enough, #8 "Mine the Bird" was the winner! I could not believe it. I was thrilled and got even more excited when Michael told me I won $500!! So you can see, I certainly "Mined the Bird"!
The other side of the story is that I had already been shopping before dinner and the big win only bolstered my desire to shop some more. I didn't spend it all, but I did do some damage! Hope there were other long shot winners out there today. All and all, I'm feeling pretty good about the day!
3 comments:
How awesome! You are better than me because I probably would have spent it all! We took a little side table bet at the restaurant I work at and all the ladies wore their hats, gloves, beads and had mint julips! It was quite fun and my horse came in second...but no winnings!
When I red the title to your post I thought this was like some infomerical trick... like losing 30lbs in 30 days.. But that is awesome..What Luck!! Those things never happen to me. Well I hope you spent some on yourself!!
We had baby birds in our wreath on our front door last year. Lilly loved it!! Way to go on your big win!!
Post a Comment