Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Big Weekend

Thor trying to get a good look at the action!

Atticus using binoculars bigger than he is!

The Blue Angels doing one of their spectacular maneuvers!

Another awesome formation!

Tri-town, me and Lisbeth watching the action and chilling at our base camp.

Thor using his daddy's earphones. I had to hold my hands over Atticus' ears.
He did not appreciate the loud noises!

The kids hanging out at base camp!

Boy, if this summer keeps up at this pace, I don't know if I'll make it to August! This past weekend was not just a three day weekend for me, I took Thursday off as well and made it a four day holiday weekend. Michael's sister Lisbeth and her girls arrived Thursday afternoon. From that point on it was non stop activity...fun activity but exhausting activity! That night we went out to dinner with all of the family(about 10 of us including kids) to our favorite restaurant Little Venice. I can't believe I am writing this but it was Michael and my 21st anniversary! Then we all went to a free patriotic concert put on by our Binghamton Philharmonic at our Arena. It was a lovely evening, with the 1812 overture(the explosions scared the crap out of me) as well as a very heartwarming salute to all of the service men and women.

The next day we did more shopping and just hung out. Saturday, we went to the Greater Binghamton Airshow which was awesome!! The Blue Angels performed which was simply amazing. That night we went to the Fauci's for hotdogs and hamburgers..what else on the 4th of July! Then most everyone came to our house to watch the fireworks off of our backporch. It is so nice, that we can see the entire show and not have to leave our home!

The next day it was church, and then off to the lake. Everyone pitched in to get the lake in good shape for a day of fun. My fun at the lake was interrupted by the fact that Thornton had a baseball related celebration to attend. I didn't mind. After all they were the champions and Thor was really looking forward to hanging out with all of his new friends at the party. We ran back into town and I ran more errands while he was at the party. Then I returned to get him and whisked him back to the lake! We spent several hours hanging out, talking and of course eating! One of my errands was to go to the store and get marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate. After the s'mores were eaten and we were all exhausted, we all came home for showers and went to bed!

One quick funny story, after the lake and we were all in my bed watching television, I told the kids that I wouldn't be able to tuck them in because I could not move. Obviously I was not speaking literally but it was almost the truth. Anyway, they all kissed me good night and went to bed. The next morning, Atticus came to wake me up and the first thing out of his mouth was..."Mommy, can you move?" He was very serious and initially I didn't understand what he was asking. Then he said that I said I couldn't move last night so he wanted to know if I could move in the morning. He was very worried. I feel bad, the poor kid apparently really thought I "could not move!" I guess I need to choose my words more carefully!

This weekend, Michael's other sister Jennifer arrives with her two kids and stays the following week. Will be fun to see her.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far. I really wish I had more vacation time. I just want to take a week off and sleep!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I think the weeks just keep getting faster and busier at our house....oh well guess that's what keeps me blogging! Glad you had a GREAT 4th! It was miserable weather here with rain all day! I worked the morning and then we headed to our local rodeo...hope to have that post done sometime this week! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

MoCos said...

here I am panicking about what to study next and atticus is so funny..that is too funny