Could have been much worse!
The tree blocking the road. The car had been moved by this time.
The Fauci's car under the fallen tree!
Thor is helping Aunt Jennifer get items out of the car.
Interesting weekend. Spent most of Saturday doing absolutely nothing. It has been not stop activity for the last month or so. Then Michael's sister Jennifer arrived Saturday night. Sunday, we went to the lake. It looked promising because the sun was out but unfortunately it was too cool to go in the water(even for the kids). However, while we were at the lake we experienced a little bit of excitement. Michael and I had arrived first and emptied our car. Minutes later, Michael's mother and Jennifer and Jennifer's two kids arrived and pulled right behind us. As soon as they stepped out of their car, we started to hear a tree cracking. We knew a tree was coming down, we just didn't know where it was and where it was going to fall. The kids fortunately were all near the cottage and were safe. Jennifer and Mrs. Fauci started to run. The tree it turns out was across the street...and it landed across the road and the branches ended up on top of Mrs. Fauci's car! As it turns out it wasn't that bad. The car suffered some scrapes and a few dents. One of the branches did fall right at Mrs' door so she could have gotten whacked but fortunately no one was injured. The mess was cleaned up in short order. One of the neighbors brought over a chain saw and started dismantling the tree and had it off of the road in no time. Not sure why the tree branch broke off...the tree appeared to be alive and did not appear to be hit by lightning. Oh well, a moment of excitement in an otherwise uneventful day!
5 comments:
UMMMMM Kinda of Scary!!!! Sometimes I wish a tree would fall on my 2001 Ford Windstar so I can upgrade to a van with tvs and xm radio!!
Okay.. that is way scary. Thank god no one was hurt. I guess I never think about the trees there, and I only think about the water, but man there are a lot of trees there. Well 10 days till D-Day.. Light a candle, or 12.. I will surface when it is over..
And Meghann, um the fauci van is awesome, and you just got that van, major upgrade from the aerostar.. quit your bitching...I am unemployed and may not have a license.. lets get serious
Glad to hear having a fun summer. The tree thing is very scary. It has been cold here also. We have only hit 90 once in July. We will be having family all together next week at the lake.Which is good because Thad and I are sick of each others company.
Glad to hear having a fun summer. The tree thing is very scary. It has been cold here also. We have only hit 90 once in July. We will be having family all together next week at the lake.Which is good because Thad and I are sick of each others company.
Post a Comment