Our room with a view!
Tri and Atticus in the wave pool-I love this shot!
Swimming outdoors in below freezing weather--the highlight!!
Hot tubbing outdoors as well. The Fauci children with Tracy(our host, along with her husband Tom) and Matt. We thank them very much!! We all had a blast!
Atticus having an awesome time by himself. He seemed to like it that way!
Yes, rest for the weary!
Finally, here are the photos from at least our trip to Hope Lake Lodge. Still to come, Christmas morning and Murphy's birthday. Yikes, so much to do! Fiddle dee dee, tomorrow's another day!
Christmas was absolutely lovely this year. We had a fabulous 7 fishes dinner at the Fauci's Christmas Eve....came home to get ready for Christmas morning(if you know what I mean) and then got up early to open all of presents. Kids seemed very happy this year. In fact it was the most excited I had seen them at Christmas. The big gifts this year included a Wii fit for Murphy, a DSI for Thor, a kids digital camera for Trinity and a dinosaur toy and action figures for Atticus. We were able to have a nice leisurely morning before getting ready to go to 11:30 mass. From there we went back to the Fauci's and prepared for another fantastic meal. (way too much food and drink this holiday season!!!) After Christmas guests all went home, we had a rather quiet weekend of cleaning and attending basketball games. At the start of the week, I started doing some serious cleaning out. It felt good to get rid of so much crap. I say if I haven't touched it in a year, I don't need it. There is so much more I could go after but there is only so much time. We then went Wednesday night and Thursday night(New Year's Eve) with the Darpino's to Hope Lake Lodge near Greek Peak. What a lovely place. The Darpino's invited us to stay with them in their condo for two days and enjoy the water park there. The kids had an absolute blast..as did Michael and I. The highlight was swimming outside in the heated pool in bitter cold weather. Michael made a fabulous meal New Year's Eve. New Year's Day we returned home and didn't do much. I think we were all exhausted from all of the fun! This weekend, Thor had basketball game, and I did a lot of cleaning around the house. Saturday night my boss and her husband came for dinner. Michael once again made a spectacular meal of shrimp stuffed artichokes, homemade sausage ravioli, braciole and maple syrup brussel sprouts. I'm tellin ya, it was better than any meal I have ever had out. Now you all understand my difficulty in losing weight in this house!! Tomorrow, Sunday is another day of rest, laundry and doing more house cleaning. Can't wait. Then it's back to work. I have enjoyed my time off but am ready to get back into some kind of routine. My in-laws have gone to Florida. I hope they are enjoying themselves but we miss them very much. It is bitter, bitter cold here so I am sure they are better off where they are rather than here! Hope you all had as nice of a holiday as we experienced. Happy New Year to all!! I will try to post photos soon!
4 comments:
This post makes me hungry.
um... Michael needs to learn to flash freeze food and send it.. I need it asap.. I can't believe it is time for the Fauci's to be in Florida already, that went fast.. It has been almost a year since we came done there.. craziness!! Hope you guys are getting into the swing of the new year!!
We ate like this all holiday long...now I need to get moving! Although at the moment I am too sick. At this time we are not going to Florida. of course that can always change but I don't think it is going to happen this year!
Post a Comment