Trinity and her classmates.


Trinity and one of her best friends.
The portraits of the mothers.
As you can see I am the one on the left with the crown!
Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mothers and caregivers out there! This past Friday I had the pleasure of attending my third Mother's Day tea at my kids' school. It's always hilarious and also makes you want to tear up a bit. First they do a little fill in the blank quiz about their mothers. That one always makes me nervous. You know where it says, my mother's favorite color is ____________. Her favorite food is__________. When she is home she likes to __________. When she is not doing that she likes to __________. You can imagine the possibilities! But nothing too embarrassing again this year! Then they sing the "M" is for the many things she gives me....O is for the(sorry I apparently wasn't listening that close)....then it wraps up with put them all together they spell MOTHER.......(yadda, yadda, yadda!).
Following the program we sat down in the cafeteria for punch and cookies. We also received a portrait drawn by our children. For some reason, Trinity drew me with a crown. I asked her why a crown and she said because "You are the queen of the house!" I loved it! I am glad someone realizes that! Believe me, if you know me, the last thing I demonstrate is queen like behavior but the thought is what counts!
On Mother's Day we will go to Mass and then out for brunch. Then it will probably be home for more laundry. Hope everyone else has as wonderful a day planned as I do!
I have a video and at some point I will try to upload but I have not had much luck with videos lately. We will see.
2 comments:
Isn't it nice to know that someone considers you a queen! I'm sure you are the queen of your house! Hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day!
I love it that she called you the Queen of the house.. right on! Hey you gotta know your role!
Post a Comment