As my kids were flying down this huge hill today(their first real sledding experience) I was thinking to myself, I sure wish I had my camera. So that is why I don't have any photos to prove our sledding experience today but I can tell you the kids had a lot of fun. We have a huge hill near our house. For Fauci family members, it is the ME hill. It was nice and slick so the kids really flew down it. I just watched. I wasn't properly dressed and I always have that sick feeling in the back of my head that if I tried it, I would surely get hurt. Atticus initially was a bit nervous. But after he went down the hill with Murphy a few times, he was bold enough to try it himself. He had a great time. Although near the end of our time on the hill, Murphy and Atticus and Thor and Atticus each hit a bump on their runs and flew off of the sled. That pretty much ended our sledding adventure. It once again brought back a lot of memories of our sledding experiences in Sioux City at Grandview Park. How lucky were we to live right across the street from one of the best sledding runs anywhere.
Tonight we are playing the American Idol game on XBOX. It is a lot of fun. The kids are hilarious. Murphy especially knows so many of the songs and how to sing them. If we're in competition online and we need a ringer, we have Murphy sing. At the end of the songs you hear the actual voices(and see the animated images) of Paula, Randy and Simon. It's quite entertaining. It's especially hilarious to hear Simon say horrible things about whoever is singing badly. Great party game!!
Hope everyone is well. We have a three day weekend with not much on the agenda. Just resting and having fun. Then the kids are off all week. I'm watching them Monday, our friend is watching them Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Michael is watching them on Friday.
4 comments:
I would rather be with you guys.. I am sitting at home doing homework on a Saturday night... boring..boring..boring.. thank god you updated your blog otherwise I think I would have found the end of internet.... still cold here... have a good monday off
My paretns never took us to grandview. But as a kid I always dreamed about sledding there. However, My paretns did take us to Moorehead park in Ida Grove. They had a rope to pull you up the hill. We used to pile in the truck with all of our friends with tubes! It was the best EVER!!
I love the kids stories, say the darnedest things. Thad hasn't mention the Florida thing. He has not been in the best of moods. We had a brake in at the lake. The bottom door was kicked in and we had some burst pipes and a $500 in heating bills. They also decided to make a pizza and pizza rolls,and eat Hershey candy bars and drink the beer. They were considerate and So have a wonderful time wish i could come down it is freezing here.Deb
I hear the stories of putting Chris on a sled at that park when he was a baby and how my mom could have killed! We don't have any hills in Missouri! You have to go south for that! Enjoyed pics! Our house shuts down for American Idol!!
Katie
Post a Comment