

Her birthday is not until Wednesday, March 5th, but I thought tonight I would provide a little retrospective for my beautiful daughter Trinity. Trinity is turning 6. She is a wonderful free spirit who is very independent and very creative. She is our resident artist. She will draw and color for hours. She is currently learning how to do water colors from her father. Her Nana is a watercolorist(is that a word?) and she inspires Trinity to explore arts and crafts at every opportunity. Trinity has always been very strong willed. She was born in our old house but soon after her birth we moved into my inlaws house while we searched for a new house to buy. Well the search went on a little longer than expected and we ended up living with Sal and Mary for 9 months. Not to get too graphic here but I nursed Trinity with the expectations of it lasting only a few months(Murphy lasted 3 months....poor Thor only a few weeks..and Atticus 3-4 months.) However, my best laid plans were set aside when Trinity made it very clear she wanted nothing to do with the bottle. She screamed bloody murder every time I tried. Since we were living with the Fauci's I could not let Trinity scream. My goal the whole time we lived there was to keep the kids in line and try to keep them quiet. So I would only try to force the bottle on Trinity when the Fauci's weren't home. I had never experienced anything like it. She absolutely refused to take it. She nursed for 9 months!! That's when we got our new house and it was then okay to let her scream. After a while the bottle was looking pretty good! (Once again-mother of the year!!) My most vivid memory of Trinity as a baby was her crawling over the side of her crib--it wasn't very high and was literally right next to my bedside and Trinity would lean over and put her face right up next to mine and scare the crap out of me and wake me up. Come to think of it, she still does that. She is my worst sleeper. She constantly tip toes into our room and comes right up to the side of my face and waits until I wake up. You can ask my husband, whenever I am disturbed in the middle of the night, I do not wake up quietly. I usual bolt up and freak out. I don't know why-- it's just the way I am. I usually then mutter for Trinity to crawl into bed. By this time my heart is beating so fast I can't go back to sleep and I am up for the rest of the night. Meanwhile, Trinity is fast asleep in my bed. Funny how she can always manage to fall back to sleep when she says there's no way she can do it if she stays in her bed. Here's wishing Trinity a very happy 6th birthday. We are still working on details of her celebration. We're trying to connect with Kate and the girls and our friends the Darpinos. We'll see if we can make it work this weekend-before her birthday or the next weekend-a few days after her birthday. Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll read about it in the Fauci blog. Maybe there will be a guest editor again. Hope all is well with everyone. T-minus 3 weeks and counting until we leave for Florida. Can't wait!!
5 comments:
I can't believe she is 6! Her an Chloe has close birthday's! Chloe's is the 6th of March. We are just depressed because this has been the worst winter that I can ever remember! I don't think Spring is ever going to get here! Sunday is suppose to be 52, but back to high 20's next week. My parents and my family are headed to Destin Florida th 24th of May! It can't come soon enough! So ready for a vacation getaway from this freezing weather! What part are you going to?? Can't wait to see the pics!
Katie
Tell Tri-Town Happy Birthday!! Hope all is well... Like I told you went to the Foo last night. It was a good Show. Dave Grohl is kind of a cute little guy. ... School still stinks.. Hope you guys have with the Birthday Party!!!
Happy 6th Birthday Tri-Town! It feels like yesterday that you were in Iowa and I was pushing you in a storller!
Happy Birthday Trinity.Have a good one!!!
Why do we live here? I hate winter. I can't wait for summer to come and I can sit on my deck at the lake and watch the sunsets.
Deb
Happy Birthday Trinity! Wow 6 that is hard to believe. Kohler will be 5 the end of May. I can not believe that I will be 35 on March 16th. Darcy does that make you feel old? I have the gray hair to prove it. It is nice to have more March birthday's in the family. I am surrounded by November in our family. Take care and tell Spring to get here soon! My golf clubs are calling me.
Post a Comment