
I would like to say that in some show of solidarity with the writers guild of America, Michael and I are not holding an Oscar party this year. However, that would be a lie. Michael and I simply can't get our acts together this year to get a party together. Also, the thought of staying up that late on a work/school night seems out of the question. Alas, this is how pathetic we have become. I must say, the Oscars have crept up on us. I wish they would move them back to the end of March. However, we could not hold the party then either because that is when we go to Florida! For those of you who don't know.... the Oscar party is quite the tradition for Michael and I. Michael makes all of the food and I eat all of the food. Well me and about 25-35 other people each year. We have tried to be consistent, holding the party annually except for the times that I was pregnant and about to give birth. Although I think at least 3 out of the four of those times we perservered. This year I guess I'm not the persevering type anymore! We promise to give it another shot next year. In the meantime, tell us what your favorite movie was this year? Who do you think should win favorite actor/actress? Director? I know this isn't quite as fun as filling out the quiz at the party but this will have to do for this year. If anyone out there is deciding to hold a party in our absence, we sure would like to be invited. Not that we will come. Again, it's a school/work night and I will probably be in bed when the Oscars get underway this year. Actually, it's sounding more inviting the more I think about it. This does not mean I won't miss you all. Enjoy your Oscars and think of us when midnight rolls around and they are only up to the best animated short/documentary produced in a foreign country-category. I can assure you, I will be fast asleep by then. Damn the Oscars and its Sunday night party. Why not a Friday or a Saturday?? At least I'd have a small shot at staying awake!
7 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Ok, I don't think my choice of movies I have seen in the last year would even be on your list:
1. Surf's Up (I slept the entire way through it)
2. Alvin and the Chipmunks...so trite I couldn't even believe we paid $25 to sit through.
We did however just recently rent Mr. Woodcock and No Reservations, a little better than the top two!
Aren't we pathetic!!! So I don't think I will be staying up either to see the best foreign film of the year!
Cheers to the Oscars~
Katie
Katie... you have the lamest movies I have ever seen... that is the best birth control I could ever think of for someone like me....
Me on the other hand...hands down best movie this last year.....
SUPERBAD (Michael and Darcy if you haven't seen this...please do...so funny...NOT for children under 15 though)
Juno--> Ellen Page....awesome....
We went to Michael Clayton.. but Matt and I can't believe it was nominated because we thought it seemed like the badass version of Erin Brokovich.... But Michael Wilkinson was good... george just always pretty...
To bad you guys can't stay up... that's what stinks about Eastern time zone..central is the way to go. peace...
Lamest movies I have ever heard of.. not seen... HEARD OF... just wanted to clarify..
And Darcy..... you said you guys are maybe planning a midwest trip next summer. Don't come for my graduation that's lame, who cares about graduation??? I didn't even go to my undergrad, I was hung over and went to IHOP, way better..... Come end of July or in August after I take the bar cause I am going straight to the lake when that hell is over.. the test is usually like the 3rd week in july..so come after that otherwise I won't be able to see ya.. Plus... that's where you have to bring the kids. Boating, jet skiing, water, beach....you guys will love it!!
We will have to meet up with you guys! Don't forget us if you are planning a Midwest Trip!!!
Katie
I am about as bad as Katie when it comes to movies. I was suppose to go see Juno with some girlfriends, but the night they went I had just finished a termination of paretnal rights trial that day. Ironic? Too tired so I did not go. I have only heard amazing things about Juno. So my pick is Juno and Ellen Page. I really have no idea what or who else is nominated. If Gergoe Clooney is nominated then I pick him. Because he is cool as hell.
I did see SUPERBAD. In fact, I think I have seen it to many times to count because everytime someone comes over to our house, Jamie insists they see SUPERBAD.
my picks:
picture: no country
actor: danny boy
actress: french chick
sup actor: freaky spanish dude
sup actress: scrawny chick from clooney movie
director(s): the brothers
michael is a cheater
Post a Comment