Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thor's Final Game

The boy in the red shorts! He's a Saint!

I have talked so much about Murphy's basketball career that I feel it is incumbent upon me to spend some time talking about Thor's season. He had fewer games and fewer practices and his games were more like scrimmages but we had fun watching him play these past few months. This was his first foray into basketball and he really liked it. I don't think it surpassed his love of football but he certainly enjoyed it. Thank you to Coach Huff for all of his time, teaching and encouragement. Thor was an excellent defense man and his shooting skills improved through the year. He also was known to wear a pair of ridiculous red boxing shorts(see picture). Not sure where he got them. I think Michael picked them up at TJ Maxx. He loves them and he says his teammates love them. Whatever! Just biding our time now until baseball. I want to once again thank Michael O'Brien who takes all of the photos at the games and allows people to use them!! This was/is such a generous offer. Thank you Mike!

2 comments:

Katie said...

We have our last bb games this weekend as well! I love it and sad to see the last game come...but then we are off to indoor soccer right before our baseball season! Never a dull moment! I need to invest in some bleacher seats as many as I'm going to be sitting on!

MoCos said...

This is a great action shot of Thor. What a cool pic! Hope you guys are getting a little bit of spring there.. we are here, and it is a nice reprieve!