Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cape Cod Has Come and Gone



The front(back) of the house. We debated this all week. Let's just say this is the part of the house that faced the water!

The front(back) of the house. This is the lovely view as you enter the driveway.

The view from the porch.
Most of the time we simply sat out on lounge chairs and
looked at the water!

Our beach for the week!

We are back from Cape Cod and it was magnificent! I have so many pictures, that rather than jamming them all into one post, I will try to break them up. I have never been on a vacation where there were 7 straight days of absolutely spectacular weather. The photos in this post are showing the house and the surroundings. I will show "people pictures" in the updates to come. The house was pretty incredible. It was situated on a bluff in Orleans overlooking a bay. Chatham was on the other side of the bay. We had our own beach which was lovely. A little rocky but lovely nonetheless. The house was ginormous. I have to say it was pretty old though with very few updates since say about the 50's?? I may be exaggerating but not that much. It had six bedrooms on the second floor of the main house and four more bedrooms on the other side of the house. I can't tell you exactly how many people were there but let's just say it included Michael's parents, his siblings, their spouses and most of the grandchildren! We were celebrating the Fauci's 50th wedding anniversary. The trip was a lovely gift provided by Sal and Mary(Mom and Dad aka Nana and Papa)! We cannot thank them enough for this generous vacation at such a beautiful location! It really renewed my love of Cape Cod. It really is beautiful there and again with the weather as perfect as it was, we could not have asked for more. We are all back home and back to work. Quite a bummer but we will look back with fond memories on this vacation for decades to come!

No comments: